A domestic violence lawyer deals with violence that includes non-physical assault like stalking, silent phone calls, threatening language and actions such as touching. Domestic violence attorneys also deal with domestic violence within a home. Domestic violence can be a very serious crime and you will probably need an attorney to handle all of the legal issues that you will face. Domestic violence lawyers not only deal with just hitting or fighting, but also a chronic abuse of power. Please contact a domestic violence lawyer if you are ever involved in a domestic violence dispute.
A domestic violence lawyer deals with all of the bureaucracy of a domestic violence suit. In most domestic violence cases, the victims are usually women. Though the majority of the cases involving domestic violence involve women, domestic violence attorneys defend both males and females in domestic violence lawsuits. Even though it might seem to be expensive to hire a domestic violence lawyer, it is a good idea to do so since domestic violence lawyers specialize in cases that involve domestic violence.
- District of Columbia population, 2005 estimate 550,521
- District of Columbia population, percent change, April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2005 -3.8%
- District of Columbia population, 2000 572,059
- District of Columbia population, percent change, 1990 to 2000 -5.7%
- Persons under 5 years old in District of Columbia, percent, 2004 6.3%
- Persons under 18 years old in District of Columbia, percent, 2004 19.8%
- persons 65 years old and over in District of Columbia, percent, 2004 12.1%